Friday 18 September 2015

Crafting by not a very crafty mum - high five card

Our Little E loves a high five and when I saw this idea, it had to be done!


This was for Big E's birthday. Little E is beginning to like drawing a bit more now, but drawing around his hands is still the easiest way to get some crafting done.

"Ingredients"
Coloured card - purple is Big E's favourite, so I then chose a contrasting yellow
Glue
Pen
Paint and a sponge to paint with

Step 1

Draw around your little one's hands


Step 2

Cut out the hands. Be careful and keep the "stencil" for later. Fold your other piece of card in half.


Step 3

Cut out two thin strips of card and fold into concertinas. Stick these to your card and then onto your hands and they will pop out.



Step 4

I hadn't really thought about what to do with the front of the card, but there's a really nice UK show for children called Mister Maker. In one episode he used stencils and just painted around the edge to make a "cave painting". It looked pretty cool, so I thought I'd have a go. 


I really liked the effect and so did Big E. He wasn't expecting the surprise inside!

Step 5

I wrote my message on the front.


It is sitting proudly on the mantelpiece and hasn't fallen apart yet, so for the win!

No comments:

Post a Comment