Friday 27 January 2017

Crafting by not a very crafty mum - sensory bottle

Ooh...shiny

Sensory bottles or calm down bottles was something that kept appearing on my Pinterest. I wasn't sure how easy they would be, so kept pinning, but not doing.

Then, I received a lovely Christmas card from my parents. It was decorated with a bauble filled with glitter. I thought what a shame that the glitter would go in the bin, but then kept the card in case I could reuse the glitter.

When inspiration suddenly arrived - a galaxy themed sensory bottle with star glitter. Perfect!

I looked up a few tutorials and had a go.

I used a bottle of baby oil, a Voss water bottle, tap water, star glitter from the card and some leftover blue glitter I had. I tried to buy blue food colouring too, but it didn't arrive in time.

Bung them all in and hey presto. I wished the oil mixed better. Any scientists out there with suggestions? Other blogs suggest hair oil or corn syrup, so might try that in future.

Sadly, I can't seem to post any pictures to my blog. I'll keep trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment