Wednesday 22 February 2017

Crafting by not a very crafty mum - rainbow sensory bottle


I enjoyed my first glitter sensory bottle, or "disco slime" as one friend described it.

I have a large collection of buttons. I saw a "rainbow button" bottle idea. Seemed a great idea to use up some of my buttons.


I had lots of fun sorting the colours out. If you have an inclined child, I'm sure they'd enjoy searching for the colours.


I also had some rainbow beads from a broken necklace and some blue glitter.

I used baby oil the last time. It didn't mix with the water at all, which wasn't the effect I was looking for. This time I tried glycerin, which was suggested by several  Pinterest posts.


I didn't know how much to add, so I tried a little at a time. The more glycerin in the water, the more turbulent things were, so I used the whole bottle and would have liked more. However, I was still pleased with the result. The glitter swirls around beautifully, but I wish the buttons floated more. They make a delicious clicking sound as they fall, which I didn't expect.

Little E spotted these in the bathroom and sat mesmerised for several minutes, which was amazing for him. He liked the buttons best.

I'm still experimenting different methods of making sensory bottles, so I'm planning at least two more.

No comments:

Post a Comment