Friday 27 February 2015

Crafting by not a very crafty mum - Easter cards

Oh yeah...people will probably get Little E Easter gifts.

I thought I was home free until his birthday, but then we were given an Easter egg. A simple thank you would probably suffice, but I felt inspired and thought I'd make some Easter card that were also thank you notes.

I had a hunt round Pinterest. Some great ideas as always and this time I didn't need to make a stack of cards, so could do something more "bespoke". In the end, a couple of ideas caught my interest and I combined them into one card idea.

I love puns!


Someone had posted a picture of a similar idea with the circle and bunny ears. It looked like a professionally printed one where you could upload your own photo. The comment below said how hard it was to take a picture of your child wearing a costume, so drawing it in afterwards was a good idea.

I then saw a separate card with the pun. Couldn't resist!

Really easy and I've already made a few more. I probably only need about 6 for close family, so it will be easy for me to make that many.

How to:

I used
Yellow card (I used A5)
Print out from our computer of Little E
Sellotape
Felt tip pens

1) Fold card in half

2) Cut a shape out in the front. I went for a plain old circle, as I could just draw around a glass. Maybe an Easter egg shape might work well? I centred it up as best I could. Try to leave room at the top for the ears! I realised just in time my mistake and redrew my circle lower.


3) Cut out. I used scissors, so my edge is not very neat. I'm too lazy to care, but others might want to use a craft knife.

4) Print out a photo and stick it into the window. Try to pick a photo where the face is the main subject. You need the head to be cut off slightly off at the top, so the ears look like they are coming out the top.




5) Draw your bunny ears and a message of your choice! I used Little E's crayola pens and a pink fluorescent marker. All seemed to come out fine! I drew the ears in pencil first as a guide. Good thing I did, as I had to rub out one of the ears and try again!


And then...variations on a theme...


No comments:

Post a Comment